Monday, August 21, 2006

What Price, Cricket?

The day after I got back from the Dublin trip I went to the free cricket lesson I'd signed up for a couple weeks before. Only five of us showed up, unfortunately, and despite our aspirations and, in some cases, prior sports experience, we all pretty much sucked at everything but hitting the ball. I have a handful of pictures from that day, but the only important one is this shot of Coach Mervyn Jones, showing off a minor bruise.

If that's the cost of getting good at cricket, forget it.

Oh, also, I forgot a key bit of Dublin: the sound the signals make when you cross the street. It's like they hired Nintendo to do it. I kept expecting Princess Toadstool to be waiting on the other side.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sound effects.

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home