Saturday, August 19, 2006

So Long, Brighton

Today I leave Brighton for good. It's off to London, then Jill flies in on Tuesday for our self-guided tour of (mostly) southern England. I don't really know when or if I'll ever return to Brighton, though, and I can't help feeling a little nostalgiac. It's not necessarily the place itself, but the finality of it. There's more to write about my time here, but this will be my goodbye.

So long, pier. So long, rocky beach. So long, Lanes and Royal Pavilion. So long, Dave's Comics and all you second-hand bookstores. So long, Al Forno and The House and Gourmet Burger Kitchen (although I intend to look you up in London, GBK). So long, buses of Old Steine and stores of Churchill Square and assigned seating of Odeon.

So long, Brighton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home